By Elizabeth D.T. Taderera
Located 125km south east of Masvingo between Ngundu Growth Point and Chiredzi is town of Triangle, the home of Triangle estates. It is the second largest irrigation scheme producing sugar. At this estate about 13500 ha of sugar canes are under irrigation and they have large sugar mill. Thomas Murray McDougall was the first one to plant sugarcane in the area in 1931 and it was processed in 1939.
This estate is owned by Tongaat Hulett Sugar.